Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day Ten




Well, I am actually writing this entry and the next few entries on Day 13. I need to get caught up. I know it is hard to believe since I am Superwoman, but it has been difficult driving, taking care of the dog, taking pictures, visiting sights, meeting new people, doing laundry, answering emails, taking care of personal stuff, and alot of other tasks...lol...But, I am up early (it's 6am here in Washington State), it's a beautiful cold morning, and I am ready to fill you all in on my current adventures.


Day Ten was spent in Salt Lake City as was Day 9. It is a beautiful, clean, easy to manage city. The people are really nice and friendly. It was a great place to hang my hat (and yes, as you can tell from the pictures, I do love to wear my hats...) There was a convention in town and I had a hard time finding a room. The only room left at one hotel was a large suite and the desk give it to me at a standard rate with a AAA discount. What a score that was! That made it easy to stay there two nights.


On the drive to Salt Lake City from Denver, as I said in an earlier post, I saw will llama in an abandoned gas station. I also passed right near the area of the miner tragedy near Price. They and their families are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I saw all of the drilling/Haliburton trucks on the road going to the area. A new capitol building is being built right on the top of the city. It is a beautiful sight. Looks like another familiar building but I can't put my finger on which one...lol...

No comments: