Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day Twenty-One

Greetings from Los Angeles...

Yesterday was a long driving day from San Francisco to LA. I did not get in until late last night. I took the scenic route which was alot longer but the views were amazing.

Today is Sunday, the day of rest, and I plan on doing just that. I had a wonderful buffet at the hotel, am doing laundry, going to the gym and laying by the pool all in time for a 4pm check-out!

Heading to San Diego this evening...

Enjoy your day & the rest of the weekend. I will update with some pictures later.

2 comments:

kansas craps man said...

Just read your blog. I hope you are okay. A friend passing is a very tough thing to get through. Life is so short.
Hope you are on the mend from the dog bites.
Enjoy San Diego.
Wish you were heading back through KC

Unknown said...

I've driven Route 1, the scenic route from SF to LA, and it is breathtaking. At times, looking out at the Pacific makes it look like you are on a cruise ship rather then driving. Can you imagine driving that road if you've had even one drink........I don't think so!! It sure is a better drive when your in the passenger's seat.

If you took the tour of Alcatraz while you were in SF, I'm sure you found it interesting.

I hope you stopped in Long Beach on the way to San Diego. The original Queen Elizabeth that is now docked there as a hotel is certainly a great place to stretch your legs.

San Diego is a great city. You'll enjoy it, although if you're heading to Vegas going there will be out of the way by about 2 hours.

Have a safe trip !!